Inbox caught your eye but you are unable to get the precious sesame giving access to the application? No problem, there are millions of you in this case and we have to admit it, there is something to bang your head against the walls. Fortunately, there is a little trick that will allow you to slip through the cracks , as if nothing had happened. And everything is explained here, of course.
I'm not going to lie to you, this tweak is far from easy to implement, and for a fairly obvious reason: you are going to need a friend with access to Inbox . A friend who will accept in addition to giving you … the password for his account.
If you have all this (congratulations, real friends don't run the streets), then the procedure is not very complicated, and you will only need the following steps:
- Download Inbox on your smartphone, Android or iOS.
- Retrieve the credentials of an account with access to the application.
- Connect the account to your phone by browsing through the settings (*).
- Launch Inbox and choose the new account when the app asks you to.
- Open the main navigation menu by tapping on the icon at the top left.
- Tap on your name at the top of the list.
- A list appears, with all the accounts associated with your terminal.
- Tap on your account.
- Inbox is loading, you have just regained access.
- All you have to do is delete your friend's account.
- And to buy him a good bottle to celebrate.
(*): On Android, the option is found in the phone settings, then in the “Accounts” section. On iOS, you will have to download an application from Google (Gmail, Chrome) and configure the account through its advanced options.
The funny thing is, the trick works both ways. You can also give your credentials to a trusted friend with access to Inbox. There, he will only have to add your account to his terminal, launch Inbox and find it in the list to give you access.
I just tested with a fictitious account and it works pretty well.
As far as I'm concerned, I got my access at the start of the week thanks to my magic kitten, Valentin to name it, and I admit that I have a lot of trouble finding my marks. However, I am thinking of preparing an article in the coming days, just to run some invitations. So don't hesitate to come back to the area from time to time.
Sources: 1 , 2