Do you own a Redmi Note 5, a Mi 6 or a Mi Mix 2? Note that you can now enjoy MIUI 10 in beta mode. In this article, we present to you a relatively simple way to install the new Xiaomi overlay on your smartphone.
As expected, Xiaomi announced MIUI 10 on May 31st. The new version of the Chinese manufacturer's interface for Android offers several new features, including better support for edge-to-edge screens. Added to this is the integration of artificial intelligence. While the deployment of internal beta began on June 1 in China, to the global users in India was announced on 7 June. Owners of the Mi 8, Mi MIX 2S and Redmi Note 5 will be able to benefit from it at the end of the month, while the public beta of the remaining models will begin at the end of July. While waiting for this global release, several links relating to the beta for China have been revealed.
Designed for owners of devices running Android Oreo 8.1, they allow you to install MIUI 10 on the Mi 5, Mi 6, Mi Mix 2 or even Redmi Note 5 Pro (India). Find out below how to benefit from it.
Before going any further, it should be noted that since we are dealing with a beta version of MIUI 10, some bugs may be present.
We are therefore not responsible for any damage that may be caused to your smartphone. Besides, before starting, we recommend that you back up your files.
The first thing to do is to unlock the phone's bootloader. For that, you just have to go here .
Then download the ROM for the Mi 5 , Mi 6 , Mi Mix 2 or Redmi Note 5 Pro ; then the TWRP recovery via ADB if you use a PC or via Android Zip on Mac.
Extract the Android zip and place the folder on your desktop. Turn on your terminal and type the command Desktop / Android. Then enter ./ADB-Install-Mac.sh.
Installing MIUI 10 on your smartphone
- Power off the phone and start it in Fastboot mode by pressing the power and volume down buttons simultaneously for several seconds.
- Connect your phone to PC via USB cable, launch Command Prompt on your PC and navigate to the folder where you downloaded TWRP Recovery ZIP.
- Type 'fastboot devices' in the command prompt and check if the device is detected by the system.
- If the system detects the phone, type 'fastboot flash recovery twrp_filename.zip' and press Enter.
- Now, hold the volume up and power buttons to boot the phone into recovery mode. You will then be asked to accept the changes.
- Select 'Wipe', and choose 'Advanced Wipe', check 'Dalvik / ART Cache', 'System'. 'Data', 'Cache', then swipe right to clear.
- Make a return and click on "Install". Navigate to the location where you stored the ROM file. Select the latter and drag it to the right to flash.
Once the installation is complete, click “Restart”, then click “System”. After restarting, your smartphone should work under MIUI 10.