How do you choose the best flavor diffuser? What functions and features should the aromatherapy device have according to your needs? Read our guide and choose informed.
Known for its beneficial effects on mental, physical and emotional health, aromatherapy has long been a luxury that only wealthy people can afford.
Aroma diffusers for aromatherapy , allow you to enjoy this relaxing treatment right at home, without spending too much. You just have to choose an oil in an aroma that suits you and, of course, the best aroma diffuser for aromatherapy .
This is the kind of device you can't wait to get your hands on, and it won't be long before you realize its benefits. Anticipating your relaxation needs, manufacturers have launched numerous models of such speakers.
While this is always a desirable thing, the abundant offer can make your choice more difficult . So we have prepared this article to help you make the best purchase .
Top 3 recommended flavor diffusers
Why choose the best aroma diffuser for aromatherapy?
Aromatherapy is a practice that will bring you countless benefits both on you and on the atmosphere in your home.
Fortunately, aromatherapy aroma diffusers allow you to enjoy the benefits of this treatment without much effort. That provided you choose the best one.
Among the main advantages of using an aromatherapy diffuser are:
- The natural refreshment of the atmosphere
- Dust particles are removed , or their deposition is discouraged
- Unpleasant odors , such as cigarettes, are eliminated
- Depending on the oils you choose to use, using such a speaker can help strengthen immunity .
- It is useful in preventing allergies, eliminates mites and has an antibacterial effect .
- It helps to eliminate stress and contributes to a balanced mental and physical state.
How to choose the best aroma diffuser for aromatherapy
As I already mentioned, the offer on the market being so rich, it will be difficult for you to differentiate between a good aromatherapy aroma diffuser and one that leaves something to be desired . Your goal is to discover the best value for money .
A bad investment will affect you not only financially, but also mentally because instead of being a source of relaxation, your speaker will be just a source of stress.
So you need to know which speaker model would suit you best, as well as what functions it should have in order for you to fully enjoy the capabilities of such a device.
In this regard, we recommend that you consult a shopping guide , like this one, specially prepared so that at the end of this article, you are fully prepared to make the best choice .
So before you buy an aromatherapy speaker, consider the following important things.
Type of aroma diffuser for aromatherapy
From the beginning you need to know that such devices are available in a variety of models and colors . You can choose the one that will best suit the decor of your home . Also, the price of an aromatherapy speaker will vary depending on the material from which it is made.
It can be plastic, wood, ceramic glass or metal . The more precious the material, the more it will cost the product. And since it is a good that will always be displayed, it is important to decide on a model that does not bother aesthetically.
An even more important criterion to consider is the type of aroma diffuser for aromatherapy depending on how it works. Different operating modes will guarantee you different effects, so it is good to know all four types of such devices before making a purchase.
These are: Heat, aerosol, ultrasound and evaporation. We will talk briefly about each one.
- Heat aromatherapy diffuser
They have the simplest and most natural principle of operation. A small candle heats a container with water and aromatic oil. The aroma is thus diffused in the room.
Although this type of speaker is very easy to use and not very expensive , you should know that it will be necessary to change both the candle and the water infused with oil drops quite often, because it will be consumed faster .
Also, if you live with small children, this type of speaker may not be the best choice for safety, as little ones may be attracted to fire and may cause an unwanted incident.
This is one of the most effective models . This is because it manages to diffuse a more concentrated aroma in the room, scattering the oil molecules, without the need to dilute it. But efficiency comes at a price.
Compared to other models, it is a bit more expensive , both in terms of purchase price and subsequent expenses. The method involves consuming a larger amount of oil in a shorter time, so you will need to refill more often .
Fortunately, most aerosol-based speakers are equipped with a timer that will allow you to control to some extent the amount of oil that will be used.
Also, in addition to the advantages listed above, this type of aromatherapy diffuser manages to successfully cover even a large room .
- Ultrasonic aromatherapy diffuser
A slightly cheaper solution is ultrasonic speakers. It works with oil and water , diffusing the aroma in the form of refreshing mist . However, the aroma will be sufficiently concentrated , as the diffuse particles will be quite small.
Of course, in winter , the cooling fog does not sound relaxing at all, but the good part is that such a speaker can be used as a humidifier in the cold season.
It is also a noisier model , so orient yourself towards a model that can also play music that will cover the emitted noise.
- Evaporative aromatherapy diffuser
If you are looking for such a device that you can easily move from one room to another, or maybe even take it with you on vacation, the best aromatherapy aroma diffuser for you is the one with evaporation. That's because it's very portable .
In addition, it is one of the cheapest models . Use a filter and a fan to diffuse the aroma particles into the room. As expected, the low price will guarantee an equally low therapeutic effect .
The oil concentration will be lower than in other types of speakers, and will only be able to cope with small rooms .
The capacity of the tank is an important aspect in choosing the best aroma diffuser for aromatherapy, because, together with the size of the room in which you want to use it, it will directly influence the effectiveness of the therapeutic effect.
The larger the capacity of the tank, the less often it will be necessary to fill it, but it will take up more space. If a larger speaker does not bother you, then remember that a tank with a capacity of 80-100 ml is one that will not claim to refill the device too often.
The size of the tank will also influence the size of the space in which the speaker will allow a satisfactory impact of the aroma. It is good to know very well what are the dimensions of the room in which you will want to use it, in which room you will use it more often, and where you can place it.
A speaker with a medium -sized tank will successfully cope with 18-25 sqm rooms . But there are also larger tanks that allow efficient use of the speaker even in rooms that exceed 54 square meters.
If we talk about the size of the room, the impact of the flavor will not depend only on this. Some believe that the extent to which the room is ventilated will greatly influence the efficiency of the speaker. So make sure you place it in a well-ventilated room.
The best aroma diffuser for aromatherapy is equipped with a timer . This special feature is available on most models, except for the non-automated heat speaker .
The timer allows you to have more control over how long the appliance works, as well as the amount of oil it will consume.
Thus, most of them will allow you to set an operating time between 3 and 4 hours , ideal for the children's room , or between 6 and 10 hours if you are going to let it work at night .
During the day you will greatly appreciate the option of use in cycles or rounds . It will start and stop at a time set by you. This way you will be able to enjoy the effects of aromatherapy all day, without wasting oil.
What important aspects and functions should the best aroma diffuser for aromatherapy perform?
- Diffusion method – refers to the method of emitting airflow. Most models are equipped with a single rod through which flavor particles are released, while more efficient models have two or more rods . Some even have a movable tube that will allow you to place the device at any angle you need.
- LED screen – is present in the form of a display for most electronic devices. It can emit colors , bright or diffused light , color animations , etc. The main advantage is that at night it works like a lamp . It can be an ingenious idea to use the speaker as a standby light in the child's room. But if this might bother you, most models allow you to disable this feature.
- Alternating flavors – it is absolutely normal to want to change the flavor even if the oil is not finished yet. In this sense, some models will allow you to do this better than others. Most will let you change the oil without unplugging the appliance , while other models will require this condition. Also, some models will remove the old flavor more quickly , while others, such as the heat diffuser, will require washing the tank before changing the flavor.
- Sound settings – Nothing is less relaxing than an unpleasant noise. Unfortunately, most devices that work automatically will emit a more or less annoying noise . That's why it's good to choose a device that is built-in with the Whisper Quiet function, which will reduce the noise as much as possible to the point where it becomes almost imperceptible. Speakers that can broadcast music are also a good option, especially those that can play a lullaby in the child's room.
- Automatic shutdown – A particularly important function for long and safe operation of the speaker. The best aroma diffuser for aromatherapy should close automatically and quietly when the tank empties of water . Otherwise, the whole process would break down and you even risk a fire. The automatic closing function is especially practical at night, when your alertness is low, and you will only be able to solve the problem in the morning.
The best flavor diffuser: recommendations
Taking into account the above tips, analyzing the existing offer and the opinions of buyers, we can further recommend some models of aroma diffusers that offer an excellent quality / price ratio.
1. Clean Air Optima CA602 NEW air purifier and aroma diffuser
Humidifier and purifier , suitable for spaces up to 35sqm.
Very quiet and can be used at night.
Ionization function that can be used only when you want to purify the air in the room.
Permanent reusable anti-limestone and anti-microbial nano-silver ceramic filter .
Possibility to adjust the intensity of the vapors.
Automatic shutdown when the tank is empty.
See details and price
2. GreenAir Globe aromatherapy nebulizer
The Globe essential oil nebulizer is made entirely of wood and glass.
To use the nebulizer you only need the essential oil, no water is needed.
It also has a built-in LED light that changes color automatically and starts with the diffusion of oils.
The nebulizer is recommended for large spaces and is the professional solution for the diffusion of essential oils.
See details and price
3. GreenAir Vezuv glass aromatherapy diffuser
The Vezuv aromatherapy diffuser is created with high quality durable materials.
The base is made of solid wood while the lid is made of ceramic.
It is based on ultrasound technology so that you can breathe purified and humidified air while enjoying the aromas of essential oils.
The tank has a capacity of 200ml and the diffusion time is up to 6 hours.
Vesuvius represents quality, naturalness and simplicity.
See details and price
4. Car aromatherapy diffuser for Car II
The Car II aromatherapy diffuser, as its name suggests, is intended exclusively for the car.
Compared to classic car air fresheners or diffusers, Car II naturally purifies, humidifies and perfumes the air in the car.
It connects to the car's cigarette lighter and gives you 2 USB outputs for charging your phone and other devices.
It is very easy to use and is based on the same principle of operation as most aromatherapy speakers – diffusion using ultrasound technology.
See details and price
5. GreenAir Clever aromatherapy diffuser
Clever is the aromatherapy diffuser that has them all, being at the same time the model we chose for the diffusion of essential oils.
When we say it has them all, we mean: large capacity, LED lights in various colors, vapor intensity adjustment, Bluetooth connection, Bluetooth speaker, alarm clock, and it is very easy to use and maintain.
In other words, add your favorite essential oil, listen to your favorite music and create the atmosphere you need in your home!
See details and price
6. Cube bamboo aromatherapy diffuser
The Cube essential oil diffuser is designed to convey elegance, inspiration, relaxation and healing.
The light released through the bamboo grille creates a quiet atmosphere to enjoy whenever you are at home.
You can set it to run continuously or intermittently. Of course, it stops automatically when the mixture in the tank runs out.
The light can also be set in various colors.
See details and price
7. Taotronics TT-AD004 400ml aroma therapy diffuser
The TaoTronics TT-AD004 aroma diffuser has a huge capacity of 400 ml for 14 hours of continuous use.
It can also be used temporarily: 1h, 3h, 6h or silently continuously.
You can choose 2 modes of use, with a higher or lower density of steam.
Provides light and wakefulness therapy during sleep.
You have 7 colors that will delight and inspire you: cyan, aqua, yellow, blue, purple, red, green.
See details and price