How do you choose the best built-in refrigerator? What functions and features should the built-in refrigerator have according to your needs? Read our guide and choose informed.
When we think of appliances that should not be missing from any kitchen, probably the first appliance that comes to mind is the refrigerator. Absolutely necessary for the preservation of food and dishes, the refrigerator is the appliance that will probably take up a lot of space in a kitchen.
If you do not have much space in the kitchen, the option of the built-in refrigerator may be the best for you. Easy to incorporate into a piece of furniture, the built-in refrigerator offers a modern and luxurious look to any kitchen.
To find out how you can choose the best built-in refrigerator, we invite you to read this article further.
Why choose the best built-in refrigerator?
The space has become more and more precious. Especially in the kitchen you need all the space you can save, to be able to move freely.
Cooking is a very demanding activity, that's why more and more people choose to buy built-in appliances, thus saving a lot of space. This way, not only can you cook, but you can also enjoy food in a perfect space and atmosphere.
How to choose the best built-in refrigerator
However, choosing a refrigerator is not the easiest. Even buying a refrigerator on your own would not be easy. You need to consider several factors.
What is the ideal size ? What facilities should it have? Is a simple refrigerator enough or do you need a refrigerator? All these criteria are the ones that will dictate your decision. But in order to use them as a benchmark, it is important to know what you are really looking for.
And, since a built-in refrigerator is not the cheapest appliance, you can't afford to make an uninformed purchase . In order to prepare as well as possible for a possible purchase, we recommend that you consult a shopping guide .
We have anticipated your needs and have put together this guide that contains all the information you need to be able to choose the best built-in refrigerator. At the end of this article you will be able to identify the best quality / price ratio on the market .
That is why we urge you to pay close attention to the following important aspects.
Type of built-in refrigerator
Here you have to pay a little attention to the terminology. Generally, we call a "refrigerator" any appliance designed to store food at an optimal temperature. When you want to buy a refrigerator it is important to pay attention to what it really is and pay close attention to the description of the product.
Most products called "refrigerators" refer to the simple device for storing cold food . If you are looking for a product that incorporates a freezer, pay attention to product photos.
It also follows the name "refrigerator-freezer" because it refers to a refrigerator that is also equipped with a freezer .
If you already own one of the parts, then you will only need to purchase a separate refrigerator or freezer. You can find variants that can be incorporated into both products that you can successfully place in your kitchen.
Built-in refrigerator dimensions
It should be noted that a built-in refrigerator looks and works like a classic stand-alone refrigerator. What differentiates it, however, are the dimensions.
You will be interested in its width as well as storage capacity. The width of a built-in refrigerator must not exceed 54 cm . Any appliance that has a wider width already falls into the category of stand-alone appliances. So learn to differentiate them by this aspect.
The next criterion you need to check is storage capacity. It can be reduced, medium or extended. You will choose the right one depending on the number of family members, because more people means even more food to be stored.
If you have up to three people in the house, a refrigerator with a small or medium storage capacity is more than enough. Thus you can fit between 100 and 150 liters for a simple refrigerator, maximum 100 liters in the case of a freezer, and in the case of a refrigerator a capacity of 200-250 liters is more than enough.
A larger volume will be required if more than three people live in the dwelling. Then you will have to choose a refrigerator with a capacity of 200 liters , a freezer with 150 liters , and the refrigerator will have to have a capacity of 300 liters .
If you find refrigerators that have a higher capacity in the offers, they are most likely for industrial use.
Regardless of the type of refrigerator, all of them will cause you considerable consumption of electricity, which can be felt quite strongly in the bills. To avoid paying too much on your electricity bill, always choose new models, or models that are part of a higher energy class.
The advice of specialists is to never choose an energy class lower than B. However, we recommend that you buy a built-in refrigerator that has at least energy class A, if not A +, A ++ or A +++.
Of course, the higher the energy class, the more expensive the appliance will be. But the investment will be justified in time by the considerable savings you will be able to make.
What features and accessories should the best built-in refrigerator have?
- No Frost – This is a built-in ventilation system that helps you avoid the formation of ice on food. Thus, it will not be necessary to defrost the refrigerator, a process that can be quite difficult both in terms of time spent and due to the fact that a lot of clutter would occur. Models that have this function, however, tend to be a bit more expensive.
- Fast cooling and freezing – both functions increase the power of the refrigerator, respectively the freezer, to cool or freeze food. This will keep them fresh longer. It is activated by a switch when you bring new food into the refrigerator.
- Thermostat – no matter which product you choose, each appliance is currently equipped with a thermostat. Also, each thermostat will be equipped with a control panel that allows you to easily access its settings.
- Antibacterial gasket – is an ideal function when you prefer to sanitize the refrigerator less often and when you want to make sure that food will always be kept in optimal hygiene conditions. This gasket will prevent bacteria from entering the refrigerator, and will stop the growth of germs and batteries in the refrigerator.
- Shelves – usually three in number inside the refrigerator, are useful for storing food as organized as possible. The shelves on the appliance door are also very useful. Some have a special area for storing eggs and bottles.
- Transparent compartments – both the refrigerator and the freezer must be equipped with transparent compartments. In the case of the refrigerator, they are most often intended for storing vegetables and fruits. The fact that they are transparent helps you better intuit what their content is. This way you will not forget the food in the fridge until it spoils.
- Ice tray – some models also include ice trays that allow you to make ice cubes, or freeze different fruits in ice cubes.
- Alarm system – the best built-in refrigerators are equipped with an alarm system. It will alert you if you have left the refrigerator door open, or if the refrigerator temperature is too high or too low.
- Cold water – more expensive models are equipped on the door with a device that allows you to have cold water at your discretion. This function proves to be very practical on hot summer days.
As always, we recommend that you choose to buy such a product from a well-known brand. Don't think that this way you will buy something more expensive, focus on the fact that your investment will prove its value over time.
Brands that have a good reputation in the production of these products, are very careful not to disappoint your customers, their reputation being very sensitive. That is why, buying from them, you have the greatest chance to enjoy a refrigerator even for decades.
To make your choice easier, we recommend the following companies: Bosch, Electrolux, Whirpool, Beko, Hansa, Teka or Zanussi.
We also recommend that you buy online . Not only will you find the best prices and offers, but you can consult in a short time and in the comfort of your home more options whenever you want.
Don't forget to always consult the opinions of other users that are easy to find online. This way you will be able to get a complete and realistic image of a product, and you will be able to better discern whether it is worth the investment or not.
Now that you have all this information, we are sure that you are ready to choose the best built-in refrigerator.
The best built-in refrigerator: recommendations
Taking into account the above tips, analyzing the opinions of buyers and the existing offer, we further recommend some models of built-in refrigerators / refrigerators that offer an excellent quality / price ratio.
1. Hotpoint BCB 80201 AA FC 03 built-in refrigerator
Total net volume (l): 294
Net freezer volume (l): 63 – Net refrigerator volume (l): 231
Display: LED – Energy efficiency class: A +
NO FROST freezer / refrigerator cooling system
Vegetable / fruit compartment – Crisper – Food care areas – Active Oxygen
Super-freeze function – Super-cooling function
Stand By and Child lock functions.
See details and price
2. Bosch KIV38X20 built-in refrigerator
Vegetable / fruit drawer with corrugated base: protects fruits and vegetables from condensation.
MultiBox: ideal compartment for storing small foods.
Brackets with chrome application on the door: perfect for bottles – premium and elegant design.
Extra deep supports on the door: enough space for large bottles.
SafetyGlass: safety glass shelves, very stable and easy to clean.
See details and price
3. Samsung BMF BRB260030WW built-in refrigerator
No Frost technology improves air circulation to maintain a constant temperature in every corner of the refrigerator, which prevents the accumulation of ice.
The Digital Inverter compressor automatically adjusts the speed in response to the cooling demand from the 7 levels.
Consumes less energy, minimizes noise and reduces wear for longer performance.
See details and price
4. Whirlpool ART 7811 built-in refrigerator
The new freshness control technology Al 6lea Simt guarantees perfect humidity refrigeration throughout the interior and makes it possible to keep fresh food up to 4 times longer.
Whirlpool, together with Microban, the market leader in antibacterial solutions, has developed an antibacterial air filtration system. It is the best technology available that protects your food and helps remove bacteria and odors.
See details and price
5. Hansa BK316.3AA built-in refrigerator-freezer
Total net capacity: 260 l
Net capacity of the refrigerator: 190 l – Net capacity of the freezer: 70 l
Energy class: A ++
Reversible left / right door – LED lighting
Egg holder – Bottle shelf
Ice cube tray – Drawers for fruits and vegetables: 2 pcs.
Shelves on the refrigerator door: 4 pcs. – Adjustable front legs
See details and price
6. Beko BCSA285K2S built-in refrigerator-freezer
The ConforTech line range of refrigerators combines innovative design with high-performance technology through the features of car defrost, safety glass, active seal guard.
Energy class A + refrigerators consume up to 24% less electricity than similar Class A products.
The safety glass shelves are resistant up to 25 kg and ideally compartmentalize the available space.
See details and price