How do you choose the best capsule coffee espresso? What functions and features should the capsule coffee espresso have according to your needs? Read our guide and choose informed.
Coffee is for many the drink without which they could not imagine their lives. At home, at work, when you go out with friends, or even in the evening when you know you only have a few hours to study for an exam.
In all these situations, coffee seems to be the center of attention. Although it's nice to enjoy a special coffee when you go out, you can end up spending far too much than you need.
In this context, having your own coffee machine at home is very advantageous. Of all the models, for the modern, hurried and stressed man, coffee espresso machines with capsules seem to be the best solution.
If you are interested in such a product, find out in this article how you can choose the best capsule coffee espresso.
Top 3 espresso machines with recommended capsules
Why choose the best capsule coffee espresso?
As mentioned above, due to the fast pace of life of many of us, time is becoming increasingly limited.
It can also be difficult to find time to prepare a real espresso : grind the beans, froth the milk, check the water, put the ground coffee in the filter holder, wait for the flavor to be extracted, etc.
When you don't want to waste a lot of time with coffee, capsules can be a great solution. All you have to do is add water to the appliance, plug it in, insert the capsule and wait for it to do its job.
How to choose the best capsule coffee espresso
Although it has many advantages , such a coffee espresso machine is not exactly easy to choose . That's because there are so many models on the market. Some look so similar that you really don't know what to choose, although the price difference can be considerable .
What makes a coffee capsule espresso good? You will notice that not all capsules on the market are compatible with every capsule coffee machine . Therefore, your choice must be conditioned by this aspect as well.
Because only an informed buyer does not throw his money on the window , we decided to provide you with all the information you need to choose the best capsule coffee espresso . You will find them organized and easy to understand in this complete shopping guide .
If in the end you still find it overwhelming to select a good model, we have prepared a list of the best coffee espresso capsules on the market, which you will find at the end of this article.
What is a capsule coffee espresso?
A capsule coffee espresso machine is a device that uses ground coffee encapsulated in a small plastic container, instead of using bulk or packaged ground coffee that you would normally place in a coffee filter.
A single capsule is usually enough for a single serving , although some special blends may be enough for a carafe of coffee.
As soon as you insert the capsule into the machine, it will automatically pierce the capsule and allow water to pass through it, thus extracting the coffee directly into your favorite cup.
Capsule coffee espresso machine: advantages and disadvantages
In order to make a good choice, it is important to make sure that this type of device can perform all the tasks you expect from it.
That is why a comparative analysis between the advantages and disadvantages of this machine is recommended, in relation, of course, with other types of coffee machines.
- Price – Capsule coffee espresso machines are probably the cheapest on the market. You can find a decent model at a price of about 200 lei. Of course, there are more expensive models that offer you more features or more flexibility. However, even these are much cheaper than grinders.
- Uniformity – The great part about capsule coffee is that it always tastes the same. Capsule devices have a zero margin of error since they are equipped with preset programs at a precise temperature and water quantity. As a result, you will always enjoy the same coffee you love.
- Easy to use and maintain – Of all the coffee makers, these are the easiest to use. Press one or two buttons after filling the tank with water and inserting the capsule, and the device will start working. In addition, the whole process is very fast. As for maintenance, decalcification and quick washing of removable parts, they are all you need to do.
- Versatility – Some models can deliver you a wide variety of coffee types, while others only two or three. Likewise, most appliances can fill only one cup per use. But others can produce a much larger amount.
- Some devices limit you to using only one brand – you have to be careful when choosing the coffee machine with capsules. This is because some of them will force you to buy coffee only from a certain brand (Nesspresso). Make sure that the model you buy allows you to use several types of capsules, or at least your favorite ones.
- Costs – although cheaper than automatic coffee machines, they raise a higher consumption price over time. That's because capsules are more expensive than regular coffee. If you need to drink one or two coffees at home every day, and there are other family members who have the same habit, the costs will add up pretty quickly.
- Limitations on coffee recipes – The fact that such an espresso machine will always deliver the same identical coffee can be annoying if you are a person who prefers to experiment with coffee. Even if you find a device that can make coffee from capsules with different flavors, or that allows you to adjust the water level or temperature, the extraction method always remains the same.
- Coffee is not as good – Those who are coffee fans may come to the conclusion that the taste that the capsules offer is not as intense as that obtained from freshly ground beans.
Types of coffee espresso machines with capsules
Although we are already talking about a subcategory of automatic coffee espresso machines, there are two types of devices here as well. The difference is given by the type of capsules I can operate with.
Basically on the market you will find capsules (small containers containing ground coffee), or pods (a paper coffee filter filled with ground coffee).
These prepackages only work with specific devices, which have become increasingly sophisticated in terms of design and special functions. What is the difference between the two systems?
Coffee espresso with sachet capsules
These pods are like a tea bag. Basically a sufficient portion for a single coffee is placed in a paper filter bag.
Devices that can be used with such pods must be chosen carefully. This is because different manufacturers make these sachets of different sizes, and the container from the appliance you are interested in may be too small for the coffee sachets you prefer.
Such envelopes can also be used with manual espresso machines with filter holder .
Coffee espresso with glass capsules
And these devices are very useful for those of us who want to enjoy delicious coffee quickly and easily. All you have to do in this case is insert the capsule and press a button.
These coffee machines are small, which makes them very practical. In addition, because it does not create much mess around, you do not need to worry about cleanliness. The preparation takes only a few seconds and zero effort .
Before buying a coffee espresso with capsules, it is good to determine where you want to place it in your kitchen or office. The space you have at your disposal is one of the elements you need to keep in mind.
Even if they do not need to be bulky, some manufacturers have chosen larger variants simply for design. It is possible to find a model with the same functions, at a similar price, but with a design that is more slim.
And weight is an important issue here. The recommendation of specialists is to opt for a lighter device. The lower the weight, the easier it will be to clean under the appliance.
The capacity of the tank is another detail related to the dimensions. The choice should be made according to the number of people who will use the device daily. For example, if only you make one or two coffees from this appliance in a day, a 0.5 liter water tank will suffice.
Instead, if we are talking about an office model or one for a large family, it would be a good idea to choose a coffee machine with capsules with a 1.5 liter tank.
The pressure with which the water passes through the ground coffee is essential for extracting a good aroma, and for obtaining a quality espresso. As a result, the pressure of the device is a detail that must always be checked before buying such a device. The higher the pressure, the better the coffee.
To get an idea, consider that in order to get good results, the pressure must be between 12 and 15 bar . However, you should know that there are also weak models on the market that offer a low pressure of 3 bar .
What functions and accessories should the best capsule espresso machine have?
- Adjusting the drain channel – If you are using cups of different sizes, or you want to use the appliance for both an espresso and a caffe latte, you need to check this function. When the drain is adjustable, you can lift or bend it so that you can extract the coffee in the cup that is your favorite size.
- Water Level Adjustment – Do You Want Longer or Shorter Coffee? When coffee adjustment options are limited to one such appliance, it could become a problem, for example when you want a lighter coffee. The best coffee espresso machines with capsules, however, allow you to determine how much water will reach your coffee.
- Temperature adjustment – temperature affects the taste of coffee. By adjusting it, you can play a little with the flavors you can get.
- Auto power off – Once all tasks have been completed, the device will turn off on its own.
- Energy saving – a recommended feature when the device is used by many people in the office or at home.
- Anti-limescale system – prevents such rapid calcification of internal components through which water passes.
- Self-cleaning – some models use steam under pressure to remove impurities to a large extent. Also, most modern models have a non-stick coating on surfaces that come in contact with water and capsules or coffee, which makes them super easy to clean.
- Used capsule collection container – A convenient container in which used capsules can be collected before being disposed of.
It is very important to take into account the producers and the type of coffee that the machine can make. Many of these devices are produced by coffee manufacturers, so they only work with dedicated capsules belonging to a certain brand, for example Nesspresso.
Well-known brands also tend to produce good quality appliances. These are: Krups, Nespresso, Bosch Tassimo, Tchibo .
We recommend that you buy the best coffee espresso with capsules online . This way you will be able to find a model you like faster. Don't forget to always check the opinion of other users in order to avoid a bad investment.
Now that you have read all this information, you are ready to choose the best coffee espresso with capsules.
The best coffee espresso with capsules: recommendations
Taking into account the above tips, analyzing the opinions of buyers and the existing offer, we further recommend some models of coffee espresso machines with capsules that offer an excellent quality / price ratio.
Tchibo Cafissimo LATTE can prepare any variety of coffee: at the touch of a button, the milk turns into milk foam, for cappuccino or latte macchiato.
Tchibo Cafissimo LATTE perfectly combines the experience gained by Tchibo experts over many years with the technical performance and Italian style of Saeco.
By pressing one of the 3 buttons of the Tchibo Cafissimo LATTE, you can adjust the pressure so that you can get espresso, coffee cream or filter coffee.
The CitiZ espresso machine has become emblematic for Nespresso, being appreciated by both design enthusiasts and coffee lovers around the world due to its compact, intuitive design and ease of use.
2 ways to prepare coffee – espresso and long – with a single touch due to the built-in touch interface.
The Nespresso CitiZ espresso machine is equipped with a high pressure pump, which ensures the extraction under pressure of up to 19 bar.
A strong and aromatic coffee, this is what we want every morning. And the solution is definitely DeLonghi JOVIA.
The espresso machine works with capsules, the preparation process being done inside the capsule, so that all the aroma is extracted.
Set the water level according to the type of drink, press the button and you're done!
Professional pressure to get the best out of coffee: fine cream, rich aroma, intense taste.
Creates professional quality coffees, with rich foam and velvety texture, with the help of the high pressure of the device (up to 15 bar).
Through our hermetically sealed capsules, which keep the freshness of the coffee, you will always enjoy a cup of intensely aromatic coffee.
Simply insert the capsule and in a simple movement of the lever you will prepare your favorite drink.
Enjoy the variety: over 25 coffee creations.
Due to its small size, the TASSIMO saves space and does not require much space in the kitchen.
Fully automatic operation with a single command.
Thanks to the patented INTELLIBREW bare bar code technology, TASSIMO's special drinks are always perfectly prepared with the right amount of water, the right temperature and the right cooking time.
Simple cleaning and decalcification.