- 1 The benefits of induction hobs
- 2 The best induction hob: how to choose
- 3 Induction hobs recommended
- 3.1 1. Bosch PUJ611BB1E built-in hob, Induction, 3 cooking zones
- 3.2 2. Samsung NZ64H57477K built-in hob, Induction, 2 cooking zones + Flex Zone
- 3.3 3. Built-in Whirlpool ACM 816 BA hob, Induction, 4 cooking zones
- 3.4 4. Electrolux EHH6240ISK built-in hob, Induction, 4 cooking zones, Touchcontrol
- 3.5 5. Built-in hob Beko HII64401MT, Induction, 4 cooking zones
What is the best induction hob ? What features should it have and how do you choose the best product? Read our article to find out.
An induction hob is a hob that heats the cooking pot, while the area around it remains cold. This is possible because a magnetic field is created within the induction zone and it magnetizes the metal in the vessel. The heat generated by the friction forces manages to heat the vessel.
Induction hobs have started to appear more and more powerful on the market and have prices between a few hundred and a few thousand lei, depending on many criteria.
The benefits of induction hobs
It remains to be seen which is the best induction hob and depending on what criteria you have to choose. For a start, however, we will highlight the benefits of such a hob:
- First of all, an induction hob is much safer . By heating only the dish that contains the food, the danger of an accident is diminished, if it is touched, for example the rest of the hob. Many of these hobs have sensors that prevent food from catching fire and can tell for themselves whether or not the dish is on fire.
- The second big advantage is that this hob gives a high precision of temperature control . The sensors manage to detect the surface of the vessel and adapt its temperature according to its size, distributing it evenly over the entire surface. In this way, the cooking time becomes much shorter and the food is cooked in a much healthier way.
- Induction hobs have a higher power than most other cooking methods. They benefit from power between 50 watts and 3.6 Kw, managing to heat food very quickly.
- Also, an induction hob consumes much less than a gas hob, the consumption decreasing by up to 50%, giving a higher energy efficiency . Last but not least, this type of hob makes the work of housewives a lot easier, cleaning very easily.
The best induction hob: how to choose
Once you have decided that it is worth buying an induction hob , you must decide which one is right for you, taking into account many criteria:
First of all, you have to take into account the main details, such as the number of shots or the size you want for your hob. It also matters a lot the power it will have, or the precision with which it can control the temperature. You can find out these things by analyzing the purpose of the hob.
If the goal is an apartment kitchen, you will certainly not need a very large or extremely strong one, but if it is addressed to a professional kitchen, you must choose a stove as strong as possible, from all points of view.
The second thing to keep in mind when choosing an induction hob is safety . Although theoretically all induction hobs must be very safe, those of lower quality can heat up and can provide a dose of insecurity. In order to benefit from maximum safety, you must take into account all the criteria it offers.
When you get an induction hob, you can look at other functions that it offers and that could help you in the kitchen. For example, you can opt for a hob with pressure sensors , kitchen timer or other elements that can greatly improve your kitchen time.
Induction hob timer function
It is good to choose an induction hob equipped with a timer function that helps you set the desired time for cooking or cooking certain foods. After the scheduled time has elapsed, the hob will close on its own, thus being able to avoid burning food or boiling certain foods for a long time, at the same time saving energy and avoiding inadvertent fire.
Preset cooking programs
Many models of modern induction hobs offer pre-set cooking programs for certain types of dishes or foods. These programs help you save time without having to adjust the power and cooking time for the foods you eat frequently.
Precise temperature control
With the help of the temperature control function you can precisely control the cooking process of food and prevent it from burning or cooking for too long.
There is an ideal cooking temperature for each food to prevent the loss of essential nutrients and food taste. For the best results, choose an induction hob that allows temperature control with values between 6- and 220 degrees Celsius.
Automatic detection of the cooking vessel
Induction hobs automatically detect the presence of a dish on the cooking surface. If the vessel is removed, most induction hobs will turn off automatically after 60 seconds to prevent waste of electricity and to prevent an accident.
A quality induction hob works quietly and has no moving components during operation. The only noises can be generated by the hob cooling fan or by the vibrations of light cooking utensils.
Ease of installation
Last but not least, when you decide to buy such a hob, you must take into account the ease with which it is installed. Make sure the hob is perfect for your kitchen and has all the instructions you need to assemble it yourself.
Service and warranty
Make sure that the induction hob chosen is produced by a company renowned for the quality of its products and offers a guarantee of at least 24 months against manufacturing defects. Choosing a product from a "no-name" company offers you a lower purchase price, but it usually comes bundled with low reliability and operation outside of quality standards.
It is also important that the hob manufacturer has service points near your home to make sure that you will benefit from a quick intervention in case there are problems with the purchased product.
After taking into account all these criteria, it remains to establish only the category of hob, price and brand from which you will buy it. Prices differ extremely much, but after you set your goals, you will have a choice between hobs with similar prices. Once the purchase is made, you can cook quietly and safely.
Induction hobs recommended
Taking into account the above tips, we can recommend the following some products that we consider a good choice considering the quality / price ratio.
1. Bosch PUJ611BB1E built-in hob, Induction, 3 cooking zones
Enjoy the help of intelligent temperature regulation, thanks to the cooking and frying sensors, as well as thanks to the innovative controls and cooking areas with flexible induction.
The TouchSelect control allows you to easily control the desired cooking area with the +/- controls. Then all you have to do is set the required performance level.
Deactivator timer: Deactivates the cooking zone used after the set time has elapsed.
See details and price
2. Samsung NZ64H57477K built-in hob, Induction, 2 cooking zones + Flex Zone
Samsung Induction Cooktop is equipped with a Flex Zone, ie an open area, rectangular in shape and large on the cooking surface, specially designed to cook several dishes simultaneously.
The Ready Pan function of the device allows quick preheating, with a single touch, of cooking utensils.
The device is equipped with an interface that shows you what needs to be done at each step, so that you can effortlessly organize the way you cook.
See details and price
3. Whirlpool ACM 816 BA built-in hob, Induction, 4 cooking zones
FlexiCook – Possibility to combine cooking areas for preparing meals in dishes with as many shapes as possible.
Booster: 4 burners – Thanks to the BOOSTER function, the burners obtain a high level of power that allows boiling water or reheating food much faster.
Automatic switching off of the heating zones after the preset time has elapsed.
Child restraint system – Complete hob lock.
Finish: polished edge on four sides – Elegant finish that will accentuate the style of the kitchen.
See details and price
4. Built-in hob Electrolux EHH6240ISK, Induction, 4 cooking zones, Touchcontrol
Induction hob with intelligent technology that indicates areas with residual heat.
The hob is equipped with the Booster function , which gives you extra energy to save time, cooking everything faster.
Button lock function – Child safety function .
Hob safety: Automatic shut- off.
Easy installation thanks to the "snap-in" system.
See details and price
5. Built-in hob Beko HII64401MT, Induction, 4 cooking zones
Now you can select up to 9 steps of the heating level and electronic display on the "Touch & Slide" control panel. The temperature and duration can thus be set individually for each cooking zone.
The Pan Dedection system instantly recognizes the surface of your dishes and triggers the heating of the hob.
If the cooking zones are activated for a long time without you intervening, the hob will turn them off automatically, to prevent accidents and excessive consumption.
See details and price