How do you choose the best vertically loaded washing machine? What functions and features does the vertical loading washing machine have to suit your needs? Read our guide and choose informed.
Currently, choosing a washing machine with a vertical load is not a common thing. And it's normal to be like that. Nobody advertises them on TV and very few people still know that such models of washing machines still exist.
Fortunately, washing machines with vertical or "top" loading are still manufactured, moreover, some models have even higher performance than the front-loading washing machines with which we are accustomed.
The main advantage of such a machine is space saving, but only if you manage to choose the best washing machine with vertical loading.
Why choose the best vertical loading washing machine?
A vertical washing machine has several advantages that you need to be aware of.
Compared to a front-loading washing machine, it has a much higher spin rate . This makes it possible to wash clothes very efficiently, and you no longer have to worry that the detergent will not act on every item of clothing.
Another important advantage is the efficiency of rinsing . The water is removed during the final rinsing, after which the laundry goes through a final spin cycle that reduces excess water, so the clothes will be easier to dry .
Other notable advantages are:
- The load capacity is higher than in the case of a front load. This saves you a lot of time because it saves you from planning and managing clothes before putting them in the washing machine.
- The lid can be opened at any time , even when the wash cycle is activated. This is not possible with a vertically loaded washing machine. So, if you forgot to put an item of clothing to wash, you can insert it at any time.
- Stain removal is easier and washing cycles are generally shorter.
- It cleans and ventilates much better . In the case of front washing machines, it often happens that wet residues remain that develop an unpleasant odor. The washing machine with vertical load, however, does not face this problem due to the format and due to the very efficient ventilation system.
- In general, the control panel is minimalist and very easy to use, so it is a good option for the elderly.
- Water consumption is lower compared to the more popular model.
How to choose the best washing machine with vertical loading
Now that we have listed some of the advantages and the possibility of buying such a vertical washing machine smiles on you, you should know that to make the ideal choice you need to know a few basic things that the washing machine must include.
You do not need a simple washing machine but the best , moreover, you need the best washing machine for your family and home. So you have to consider aspects such as energy consumption, load capacity, dimensions, etc.
To make your choice easier, we have gathered in this article all the information you need to consult, compiling a shopping guide to guarantee your success. Therefore, in your choice take into account the following important aspects:
The size or volume of a vertically loaded washing machine is smaller than in the case of frontal washing machines. This means that it is the perfect washing machine for you if you do not have a spacious home, or you simply want to save as much space as possible.
However, you need to consider where you will place it from now on. Like any other washing machine, it must be supplied to the water and sewage system . Once the place is established, you can choose a car with a volume that best suits your home.
It is also preferable not to install it yourself because, even if it is not difficult to place, you can risk a flood, so always turn to an installer .
The capacity of the tub in which the laundry will be washed varies between the values of 4 kg and 12 kg . Obviously, a washing machine with a higher load capacity is automatically more expensive. In order not to waste resources, choose the capacity according to how large your family is.
If more than 4 people live in your home, then the best choice is a washing machine that exceeds 7 kg . This will save you resources and time by being able to load multiple clothes in a single wash cycle.
On the other hand, if you live alone or with just another person , a washing machine with a vertical load with a smaller capacity is ideal for you.
Otherwise, you will notice that the investment was not wise because you will wash less laundry in one cycle, but you will consume more resources than you really need.
Consumption of water and electricity should be of particular concern when buying an appliance, especially when buying one the size of a washing machine. You need to consider how often you will use the washing machine .
If your family is large, especially if you have small children, you will need to wash your clothes more than three times a week. In this case, water and energy consumption must be reduced as much as possible in order to avoid further costs that could have been avoided from the outset.
So always choose a washing machine with energy class A or higher : A +, A ++, A +++. The higher the number of stars, the less electricity and less water the car will consume.
Centrifugation after washing is a very useful function because it squeezes the clothes very well, as they are easier to dry. Logically, the higher the spin speed, the better the clothes will be squeezed .
However, for some fabrics, a high spin speed is not necessarily desirable. More sensitive materials such as wool, for example, can be easily damaged if spun at high speeds.
The maximum spin speed available on a high-performance machine is 1600 . The good part is that you can set this speed starting at 200 revolutions per minute, so that the fabrics are not very damaged. Also, spinning at a very high speed shortens the service life of the engine.
Noise is an important aspect for the comfort of you and your family. Of course, you want a washing machine that produces as little noise as possible. You can find out the noise level it will emit by consulting the product description.
At the noise level index, the best vertical-loading washing machine must have a value of less than 70 dB .
As with any appliance, even the best vertically loaded washing machine must come with a minimum warranty of 2 years .
However, as it is possible to have problems with the manufacture and quality of the materials, independent of the user, and after the expiration of this period, we recommend that you extend the warranty period when purchasing , if this option is available.
What features and programs should the best vertically loaded washing machine have?
- Automatic laundry detection – high-performance washing machines come with a very practical function that weighs the amount of laundry and automatically sets the optimal amount of water and electricity it will consume.
- Delicate laundry program – a preset program with a lower spin speed so as not to tangle and stretch delicate laundry.
- Quick wash program – it is ideal when the laundry is not very dirty, and you want to save as much time as possible.
- Special program depending on the fabrics – most of the time you will find a special program for wool, cotton or silk clothes, but also for synthetic, white, black or colored clothes.
- Baby Clothes Program – If you are a new parent, you will appreciate a washing machine that has a special program for excellent hygiene of baby clothes.
- Antiallergic program – another special washing program that is ideal for people suffering from allergies or respiratory conditions such as asthma.
- Cold water washing program – some fabrics can also be washed with cold water only, so it is good for the washing machine to have this special function that allows you to do this.
Even if a washing machine with many functions and options allows you to customize your laundry as efficiently as possible, it is not recommended to choose a model with a very complex control panel. This is because it will take you a long time to make all the settings so that you are satisfied with the quality of the wash.
Moreover, some accidentally made wrong settings can significantly damage your laundry. For this reason, it is good to choose a model with a very simple control panel, but which still has the basic functions.
The best vertical loading washing machine: recommendations
Taking into account the above tips, analyzing the available offer and the opinions of buyers, we can further recommend some models of washing machines with vertical loading that offer an excellent quality / price ratio.
1. Whirlpool TDLR 65210 vertical washing machine
The friendly LCD display with sophisticated design will lead to a more comfortable use.
Due to the rotary control , the selection functions are intuitive.
The digital screen is easy to read and makes setting up the program and tracking the process easy and clear.
Load capacity: 6.5 kg – Spin speed: 1200 rpm
"Drum Up" and Soft Opening technology.
Unique and delicate drum design.
See details and price
2. Indesit ITWD61252WEU vertical loading washing machine
Display type: LED
Spin speed (rpm): 1200
Load capacity (kg): 6
Energy efficiency class: A ++
Centrifugal efficiency class: B
Number of programs: 18
Flood protection – Delayed scheduling
See details and price
3. Electrolux EWT1262IDW vertical loading washing machine
With the Delayed start function you can postpone the start of the next cycle so that it ends exactly when you want.
This car with AutoSense function gives you the flexibility you need. It has a very large drum to wash large quantities of laundry at once, while for small loads it adjusts the time, water and energy used.
Load capacity (kg): 6 – Spin speed (rpm): 1200
Energy efficiency class: A ++ – Number of programs: 15
See details and price
4. Bosch WOT24457BY vertical loading washing machine
AllergyPlus program: developed to meet the needs of people with allergies.
ActiveWater ™: low water consumption and money saving thanks to the automatic 2-stage load detection system.
Drum with SoftOpening opening system: guarantees extremely easy and safe opening of the drum.
Display with start programming (24h): high flexibility by starting the program.
See details and price
5. Whirlpool TDLR 70210 vertical washing machine
6th Sense technology: Special sensors constantly monitor the laundry process, regulating pressure, water consumption and washing time. The machine will wash as long as the clothes are dirty and will stop when the washing result is perfect.
Drum up: Now the drum opens in a higher position at the end of the washing process.
Loading capacity: 7 kg.
Spin speed (rpm): 1200.
See details and price